A twentieth anniversary edition of Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers is a reimagining (or retelling) of the original game containing new artwork, new music, and new actors portraying the various characters. It includes new puzzles, scenes and other changes to the story as well.
On October 8, 2013, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition was announced for the PC and Mac. It was developed by Jane Jensen's new studio Pinkerton Road Studios and released by Phoenix Online Studios on October 15, 2014. The game includes improved graphics, remastered soundtrack, and new puzzles and gameplay. A version of the game for Android and iOS were also confirmed, and were released on July 23, 2015. A Linux version was said to be coming at the time of the game's announcement but the statement was later redacted.
Cast for 2014 version:
- Jason Victor as Gabriel Knight
- Ned Clarke as Detective Franklin Mosely
- Dave Fennoy as Dr. John
- Cissy Jones as Grace Nakimura
- Amy Kelly as Narrator
- Alexandra Matthew as Gerde / Franks
References[edit | edit source]
- Experience one of adventure gaming’s most stunning masterpieces all over again in this blockbuster retelling of the award-winning 1993 murder-mystery - with all-new puzzles, scenes, and HD graphics.
- "MGX Announced: Phoenix Online developing Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father Remake!"
- "Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Remake Announced!".
- "GK *not* releasing on Linux". Pinkerton Road Studio Official Forum.